This new home was designed and supplied by Harkaway Homes, constructed by Scully Constructions.
Harkaway Homes brief
This block, originally contained an old, timber home. The block was a great size and the owner was unsure whether to renovate or to a knock down and rebuild. The client even had a full set of renovation plans drawn up ad ready to go.
They then came across Harkaway Homes down in Victoria in which they flew down to visit their amazing setup. From here, a design was quickly selected in which they had completed prefabbed and then driven up to Sydney which included framing, windows & doors, cladding and all the finer timber details.
The building process
House demolition and asbestos removal.
The first step was to organise the demolition of the existing cottage. The old house contained a considerable amount of asbestos which we organised the safe removal of. The block was then cleared.
Features of this stunning new home.
- Timber weatherboard (splayed rebate weatherboard) construction with Colorbond roof.
- Huge 1200mm Victorian style entrance with leadlight features.
- A vast 10 metre long, covered entertaining area at the rear of the house featuring 4 metre high ceilings (the standard ceiling height is 2.4 metres).
- Three metre ceilings throughout to give a sense of space and openness.
- Hardwood spotted gum timber floors.
- Timber doors and windows. The client opted for timber instead of aluminium to retain a consistent character throughout the home.
- Large, open plan interiors. Central hallway with decorative archway leading from the front of the property.
- Huge wrap around, all weather balcony perfect for year-round entertaining.
- New kitchen with huge butlers pantry.
- Two new bathrooms, including ensuite off the main.
- Internal and external painting.
The finished results
We had the pleasure of constructing this home in partnership with Harkaway and would happily do it again. If you like the design, feel free to jump online and check them out – harawayhomes.com.au.
Needless to say, both the client and our team were elated with the finished result of this new house build project. The property has enormous appeal, oozing character and filled with many unique features.
If you have any questions about this Northern Beaches house build project, and how our Master Builders and team can assist with your new building requirements, contact us direct. We are happy to visit you in your home to discuss your building and renovation requirements at a time convenient to you.
The benefits of working with Scully Constructions
A Northern Beaches and North Shore Building Company.
Scully Constructions was established by brothers and Northern Beaches builders, Ben and Matt Scully in 2016. With over 15+ years building experience in the residential construction industry, they work together with a close team of professionals to bring the client’s dreams into a reality.
A family-owned and operated company based on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, Scully Constructions is known for repeatedly exceeding our customer’s expectations and has grown primarily on the strength of recommendations from those customers. It’s with this background and a commitment to excellence that Scully Constructions continues to provide building and construction services that turn dreams into reality and create satisfied and thrilled customers at every turn.
At Scully Constructions we believe that being fair and honest and going into jobs open-minded allows us to walk away at the end of every job with very pleased and thankful clients. Don’t just take our word for it, read customer testimonials here »
- We are a team of highly skilled Master Builders with Cert 4 Building and Construction qualifications.
- Our Master Builders are backed up by highly skilled, professional tradespeople.
- All trades are licensed and fully insured. Licence number 305595C. ABN 49 615 711 398.
- Weekly client meetings to keep you up to date and discuss any concerns you may have.
- We’ll be working on your project every day – we don’t outsource to underqualified trades or labourers.
- Our expertise ranges from renovations to new home builds and residential duplexes.
- Should you require, we have access to expert draftspeople and architects who can turn your ideas into a reality.
- Our expertise extends to the Council approval process with a thorough knowledge of DA submissions, building codes and BASIX requirements.