Spectacular 1950s house renovation on the Northern Beaches.
Perched high above Garigal National Park sat this classic 50’s family home. Outdated with shag carpet, arough brick facade and rotten timber features, this Frenchs Forest house was screaming out for a makeover.
Fire Rating Compliance
The location of the property, approximately 15 metres above the National Park, presented our builders with several obstacles that needed careful navigation after a carefully thought out design process.
Additionally, the house head the highest rated level of fire zone compliance being FZ (FLAME ZONE) it was required to be completely fireproof in design and construction.
Suspended slabs were constructed on large steel beams to not only allow for masonry construction to tie in with the existing brickwork, but also form a flame proof sub floor space perched high above the bush. All roof areas and pergola/outdoor living ceilings were also constructed to contend with the harsh environment.
To add to this, all door and window openings were constructed with automatic flameproof shutters designed to shut the whole house down at a simple flick of a button.
Designed for Function and Entertaining
Although it was being constructed as a non penetrable house, it was also designed for maximum living and entertainment.
The main feature of the house would have to be the 3+ metre high ceilings upon entry paired with the oak herringbone floors.
Opening up to a large kitchen adjoining a tucked away butlers pantry, which all opened onto a large entertaining balcony with bbq area and captivating views.
Other Renovation Features
- New main bathroom, ensuite and powder room
- New laundry
- New mudroom
- New office and lounge room
- Full bedroom refurb throughout
- Extensive joinery throughout the entire house.
The Frenchs Forest renovation was designed by the great team of Action Plans based in Manly.
The benefits of working with Scully Constructions
A Northern Beaches and North Shore Building Company.
Scully Constructions was established by brothers and Northern Beaches builders, Ben and Matt Scully in 2016. With over 15+ years building experience in the residential construction industry, they work together with a close team of professionals to bring the client’s dreams into a reality.
A family-owned and operated company based on the Northern Beaches, Scully Constructions is known for repeatedly exceeding our customer’s expectations and has grown primarily on the strength of recommendations from those customers. It’s with this background and a commitment to excellence that Scully Constructions continues to provide building and construction services that turn dreams into reality and create satisfied and thrilled customers at every turn.
At Scully Constructions we believe that being fair and honest and going into jobs open-minded allows us to walk away at the end of every job with very pleased and thankful clients. Don’t just take our word for it, read customer testimonials here »
- We are a team of highly skilled Master Builders with Cert 4 Building and Construction qualifications.
- Our Master Builders are backed up by highly skilled, professional tradespeople.
- All trades are licensed and fully insured. Licence number 305595C. ABN 49 615 711 398.
- Weekly client meetings to keep you up to date and discuss any concerns you may have.
- We’ll be working on your project every day – we don’t outsource to underqualified trades or labourers.
- Our expertise ranges from renovations to new home builds and residential duplexes.
- Should you require, we have access to expert draftspeople and architects who can turn your ideas into a reality.
- Our expertise extends to the Council approval process with a thorough knowledge of DA submissions, building codes and BASIX requirements.