New deck build at Davidson on the Northern Beaches.
Scroll down to view more photos of this project.
Building and renovation brief
Originally a run down courtyard with an old timber deck, the area was unusable and dangerous. The family with two small children wanted to create a large, functional entertaining area that was safe for the children and took advantage of the pretty bush views.
New deck and rebuild process
- Demolish the old deck, including the supporting bearers and joists (substructure), which were rotten and unusable.
- Design a new layout that made full use of the land available while looking great. The addition of long and wide steps provides additional seating around the pool.
- Lay new bearer and joist substructure. The property was located in a fire zone area so the entire substructure had to be made of hardwood to comply with Council regulations. Everyone commented it was a shame to cover it up as the framework was beautiful.
- Lay new spotted gum decking timbers. While this is more expensive hardwood, it will longer lasting than cheaper varieties.
- Stain the entire deck to protect the timbers from the elements, including the harsh northern sun.
- Organise the installation of an all-weather vergola which was installed by our specialist contractors.
- Lay new travertine paving around the pool.
- Install frameless glass balustrading.
- Paint the boundary brick wall and add the timber feature atop for additional privacy and blend it with the new deck.
The finished result
The owner had a real estate agent come and appraise the property prior to the renovation and immediately thereafter. The renovation added considerable value and the property sold in a very short period of time. Needless to say, our client was very happy with the outcome.
If you have any questions about this Davidson pool and deck renovation, please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. We are happy to visit you in your home to discuss your building and renovation requirements at a time convenient to you.
The benefits of working with Scully Constructions
Scully Constructions was established by brothers, Ben and Matt Scully in 2016. With over 15+ years experience in the residential construction industry, they work together with a close team of professionals to bring the client’s dreams into a reality.
A family-owned and operated company based on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, Scully Constructions is known for repeatedly exceeding our customer’s expectations and has grown primarily on the strength of recommendations from those customers. It’s with this background and a commitment to excellence that Scully Constructions continues to provide building and construction services that turn dreams into reality and create satisfied and thrilled customers at every turn.
At Scully Constructions we believe that being fair and honest and going into jobs open-minded allows us to walk away at the end of every job with very pleased and thankful clients. Don’t just take our word for it, read customer testimonials here »
- We are a team of highly skilled Master Builders with Cert 4 Building and Construction qualifications.
- Our Master Builders are backed up by highly skilled, professional tradespeople.
- All trades are licensed and fully insured. Licence number 305595C. ABN 49 615 711 398.
- Weekly client meetings to keep you up to date and discuss any concerns you may have.
- We’ll be working on your project every day – we don’t outsource to underqualified trades or labourers.
- Our expertise ranges from renovations to new home builds and residential duplexes.
- Should you require, we have access to expert draftspeople and architects who can turn your ideas into a reality.
- Our expertise extends to the Council approval process with a thorough knowledge of DA submissions, building codes and BASIX requirements.